There are two parts to your long-term planning process and each element is vital to a successful retirement. Dominion Financial is here to help you with both. The first stage is Asset Accumulation.
Our retirement planning professionals can help you determine how much you will need to live on in the future, how much you should have saved when you retire, the best savings vehicles, (401(k)’s, IRA’s, Roth IRA’s, etc.), the appropriate allocation of assets (stocks, bonds, mutual funds etc.) for each of those accounts, and how to strategically maximize all of the options available to you.
The no. 1 factor to ensure a successful retirement is just to get started! Contact us today to start the process. Part of our goal is to help you retire on your terms, when you want, with the lifestyle you want.
The second stage is Retirement Income Planning. After a lifetime of saving for retirement and building your nest egg, the next step is to create a plan to manage those assets to ensure you don’t outlive them. Determining which assets to use when, can be the difference between living the life you desire in retirement or running out of money to soon. Dominion Financial Services will help you create plan to live the live you dreamed of.
Others factors that need to be considered in our complicated economic and social climate:
- Health Problems
- Caring for Family Members
- Social Security
- Living Longer
- The huge decrease in traditional pensions that previous generations could count on to supplement social security.
- The well-publicized concerns about the health (or lack thereof) of our Social Security system.
- The very low U.S. savings/investment rate and the recent reliance on home equity to pay for things we want.
- An increasing reliance on credit card and mortgage debt that many people will carry into retirement
- Increased life expectancies due in large part to continued advances in health care. A poll by the Employee Benefit Research Institute showed that 30% of American workers believe they are “very likely” or “somewhat likely” to live until age 95. Previous generations often planned for 10 years or less in retirement, while current expectations would be for 20-30 years.
Call us today, whether you have started saving for retirement or not we can help ensure your life the retirement you want. If you are nearing retirement or have recently retired, we can help you make the best use of the assets you have.